The Vicars’ Board

vicars boad again 2

On the west wall of the nave, is an impressive carved board recording all the known Vicars of the parish. Only a few are recorded in the early years when Hartpury was served by monks from the Abbey in Gloucester. It was installed in 1999, and dedicated by the Bishop of Gloucester.

 

 

 

PictureTimes Vicars

Photos of the Vicars from 1856 – 2012

Only one is missing – Rev Nathan Jones. If you can help, please use the Trust contact page to get in touch.

Rev. William Addison

Rev. William Addison

1856 – 1899

Rev. Robert Podmore Clark

Rev. Robert Podmore Clarke

1899 – 1901

Rev. John Talbot Gardiner

Rev. John Talbot Gardiner

1901 – 1914

Rev. Robert Perry

Rev. Robert Perry

1925 – 1932

Rev. Philip Stewart

Rev. Philip Stewart

1933 – 1942

Rev. Cuthbert Field

Rev. Cuthbert Field

1942 – 1947

Rev. John Hogarth

Rev. John Talbot Hogarth

1947 – 1978

Rev. John Evans

Rev. John Evans

1978 – 2009

Rev. Rob Merchant

Rev. Rob Merchant

2010 – 2012