The Old Chapel Hall, alongside Hartpury church, is a wonderful restoration of a former Dominican chapel, which had long been used as a farm store and fallen into disrepair.
It is now a community hall which can be hired, and lends itself for the smaller or more intimate occasion, family parties, meetings and similar events.
Wedding anniversaries, Christening parties and children’s birthday parties have all taken place! Candlelit dinners have also happened, and the large hanging chandelier style lamps add to the atmosphere.
It has a superb character with a gallery at one end – under which is a wood-burning stove.
The hall has:
- tables and chairs to seat 60
- a small kitchen adjoining which links to the hall by a serving hatch
- cutlery, crockery and glasses for 50 standard place settings
- oil fired central heating
- ladies, gents and disabled toilet
- an alcohol licence
The hall can be viewed at any time, from inside the porch, where there are visitor information boards and photos of the restoration.
Postcode for directions: GL19 3DE