Events normally held throughout the year at the Orchard Centre include:
- The Wassail in late January, early February.
- Moth nights – set up by the moth group, with toast served in the morning when the traps are opened and moths recorded – various times.
- Dawn chorus walk in May on National Dawn Chorus day, followed by breakfast outside. About 30 birds are usually heard – hopefully including the cuckoo and rare Cetti’s warbler.
- Perry Pear displays in late September – about 90 varieties depending on the year! With sales of perry, cider and apple juice made at the centre.
- A Bioblitz day was scheduled for 2020 – a new venture – hopefully, it may happen in 2021!